Monday, May 11, 2009

Back on the Wagon

So, today, I have gotten clearance from my doctor to do pretty much anything. I suppose I'll have to monitor the pain and not push myself too hard but I think I'll be good. I suspect push-ups and rowing are still a couple weeks out but we'll get there. Maybe I can even start boot camp again next week. For those of you that don't know (mostly because I don't update my blog, sorry!) I fell off my bike and dislocated my elbow on Saturday, April 4, 2009. I had to withdraw from participating in the Capital of Texas Triathlon, which is what I was training for, and instead set my sights on The Nation's Triathlon, which is scheduled for Sunday, September 13, 2009.

I started running about two weeks ago and again am struggling with shin splints. I'm hoping that, in time, that will dissipate. I am trying to take it easy but that never really goes as planned. I will hopefully start swimming in the next two weeks (I want to work on my strength a little big more before I get in the pool) and I may start on the bike as early as next Saturday. Naturally, biking is what I'm most worried about. I thought about removing the clip less pedals and putting the cages back on but my coach says it wouldn't be worth it. Since that really even wasn't the reason I fell in the first place, I'm inclined to think he's correct. We'll see how that goes. I'm going to try to get out in the neighborhood on my bike one of these days.

Anyway, I have a new fundraising page, as well, since I am doing a different triathlon now. Check it out and donate or just stare at my pretty mug, it's up to you!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/nc/nattri09/azucco

No comments:

Post a Comment