Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 5

So, its been two days since the swim. The basic idea behind the swim clinics is to teach us to use the least amount of energy in order to swim effectively. We practiced a variety of drills that seem to be helping us to essentially "learn to swim." These include, floating on our front, floating on our back, floating on our side and then starting to transition from floating on your back to floating on your side and back. There is one more clinic before, I'm assuming, we start doing a more traditional swim practice that includes swimming laps as well as doing drills.

It is recommended that we include a second or even third swim practice on our own as we go forward, so we get as comfortable as possible in the water. I am planning to start this as soon as we start doing a more traditional swim. I find it hard to justify going to the pool in order to practice floating.

The other thing I'm going to really need to work on is relaxing. For those that know me, it probably isn't such a shock to hear that I am tense - often really tense and I have trouble relaxing. I was not quite aware, however, that it was so evident to everyone else. I have a gift card for a massage and I may just need to do that as well as trying to employ some other relaxation techniques on my own. My training schedule this week is as follows:

Monday
15 minute cycle
15 minute eliptical
90 minute swim

Tuesday
15 minute cycle
15 minute eliptical

Wendesday
REST

Thursday
10 minute row
20 minute cycle
60 minute boot camp

Friday
15 minute cycle
15 minute eliptical
85 minutes of yoga

Saturday
Team Run

Sunday
REST

No comments:

Post a Comment